Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Good and The Bad

well the last week has has not been very good , a week ago my van started acting up I was told it needs a alternator, the van is old and I am not sure if I want to put any money into it or not. MY daughter has a SSI hearing in August if she gets approved ( keeping ours fingers crossed) we are going to get a good van or suv so we will see, my computer is running real slow and internet keeps going out, and then my clothes dryer doesn't want to heat up. It has been acting up for a couple months, but now I think it is headed for junk yard heaven. I paid $50.00 for it 3 years ago so I can't complain I have certainly got my money out of it, but now I have to go hunting for a new one. (well not new but a good used one)
so it seems as though everythign wants to go out at the same time. I am hoping my laptop lasts me another 6 months I can not afford a new one, but a dryer I have to have.
I have also been havign trouble with the DHS, they cancelled my daughter's case for soem reason she was going to the Michigan works program and receiving medicaid, cash assistance, and food stamps they just close her case with no reaosn given. The thign that really made me upset about it is along with her case being closed my grand daughter also had her Medicaid cut off and i can not afford to get her health insurance on my own.
She has 2 U of M appointments comming up this tuesday and it takes so long to reschedule there I didn't know what I was goign to do, but thankfully her caseworker worked on it and just got it back so no worries there.
I have been paying for health insurance through the Cobra plan at work, which is very expensive but after this month I can no longer afford to pay it. So I am hoping I can get Medicaid for my self. We will see.
I have a work lawyer which is free to me and they are helping me apply for a hearing for disability. They work for the insurance company paying my work disability every month, and all they do is help clients with disabilty they just filed for me to have a hearing. Burns me up because I have worked and paid taxes since I was 16 in my 20's I worked 2 and 3 jobs and I get turned down for disability and have to get  alawyer int he first place. Just doesn't seem fair to me, but I have learned life isn't fair.
I am really struggling financially I don't have a car payment, I cancelled my car insurance as of August 1st I hate it that I won't have a vehicle here but I just can't afford it anymore, I am not paying health insurance after July, I do not have any loans, no credit cards. I just have rent, utilites, and what I call cosmetics (shampoo, body wash, toothpaste, laundry soap etc)  and I just can't make ends meet, but I do ok.
I am also still struggling with lots of pain to where I still don't drive, still don't do much shopping at all, I miss out on things like parades, I  can not see myself going to the fair things like that. I take what I think is lots of pain medicine all day and evening long, I don't sleep much approx. 3 hours a night I have been staying up till 4:30-5am every night.
Soon I am goign to have to buy my grand daughter school clothes she goes to a school that requires a uniform and she has a whole page of school supplies she needs, seems a little much for a 1st grader but what can ya do? I will be shopping online the next couple of days at Sears and Kmart they have a layaway I can pay on the items in installments for the next 6 weeks and make it alot easier fianancially. Think I may go shopping on the net when I am done with thise blog post.
I go to my ortho Dr Monday morning then to the pain Dr monday afternoon. so it will be a busy, hurting day for me.
well going to close it is 3:17am going to internet shop then hopefully to bed at 4:30.
Everyone have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment